Followers

All About lil o' Me

My photo
Just call me your Budget Barista. I have been married for 20 years to the best man on this planet. He's sweet, caring, kind, but most of all he makes me laugh. We have Three adorable kids. A beautiful sweet pea girl, A 'superman' boy, and a love bug baby girl. We just love that we live where people vacation...where the ocean meets the sky. We live a wonderful life. I love my life and I thank Christ for giving it to me. Some random things about me are I enjoy baking, quilting, paper crafting, jewelry making, scrapbooking, and loving on my family. I am a Princess in the Kingdom of the King of Kings, diet coke drinking baby kisser. We are a homeschooling family but are part of a hybrid program where the children attend a 'classroom' 2 days a week and we do the rest at home. It's a blast. We also love to vacation and explore God's world around us. I think that's enough for now. :-)

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Calico Ranch near Julian fun day trip with the family!

Calico Ranch is a family-run apple and pear orchard located near the historic town of Julian. The farm has remained in production since it was first planted in the early 1930's. The Young family has owned the 30 acre orchard for more than nineteen years.  As one of the last remaining apple orchards in the Julian area where the public can enjoy the fun of picking their own fruit, Calico Ranch offers the possibility of a unique family experience.

Hours of Operation -  Visit thier webite for more info and directions. Last year due a late season frost they lost many of their apples, so be sure to check their site before heading up. or call them.
About Our Apples - More than 130 varieties of apples are grown on-site as well as several varieties of pears. At Calico Ranch, we implement an integrated pest management system which is a safer, minimized and wiser use of pesticides and herbicides. We offer a different variety off apples and pears each weekend depending on which become ripe at that particular time of the season. Whether you come for the U-Pick experience or just to visit our Easy-pick fruit stand, we hope that your visit will be a memorable one.

While in Julian you can also visit: http://www.julianca.com/orchards/index.htm

0 comments: