Followers

All About lil o' Me

My photo
Just call me your Budget Barista. I have been married for 20 years to the best man on this planet. He's sweet, caring, kind, but most of all he makes me laugh. We have Three adorable kids. A beautiful sweet pea girl, A 'superman' boy, and a love bug baby girl. We just love that we live where people vacation...where the ocean meets the sky. We live a wonderful life. I love my life and I thank Christ for giving it to me. Some random things about me are I enjoy baking, quilting, paper crafting, jewelry making, scrapbooking, and loving on my family. I am a Princess in the Kingdom of the King of Kings, diet coke drinking baby kisser. We are a homeschooling family but are part of a hybrid program where the children attend a 'classroom' 2 days a week and we do the rest at home. It's a blast. We also love to vacation and explore God's world around us. I think that's enough for now. :-)

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

L.A. Arboretum & the original Santa Anita Train Depot, FREE 3rd Tues. of the month

Be sure to check out the Los Angeles Arboretum. Admission is FREE on the third Tuesday of every month.  Peacocks run gracefully all over this park, and they love (LOVE) to eat Cheeto's right out of your hand. Your children will appreciate the snack too, so bring your kids, and plan several hours here, because between the barns, houses and acres upon glorious acres of places to explore, picnic and just sit down to read a book, you will appreciate the day off as much as your kids will appreciate the rolling fields in which to run and play.

While the flowers are in full bloom and the peacocks are roaming the gardens be sure to visit the LA County Arboretum and Botanical gardens in Arcadia.
  
The Arboretum is the home to many breathtaking gardens and wildlife. From many different botanical gardens and historical buildings, peacocks and engrets to turtles and koi fish, the gardens are not just pretty flowers. The Arboretum is the home to the original Santa Anita Train Depot, restored to look as it was first constructed by the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad in 1890. This is a great way to unwind and take the family.  The gardens are large, so don’t expect to see it all in one visit.

LA County Arboretum and Botanical Gardens
FREE Third Tuesday of every month (No tram on these days.)
Hours 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
301 North Baldwin Avenue Arcadia, CA, 91007

For more information, events, and classes click here

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.