Followers

All About lil o' Me

My photo
Just call me your Budget Barista. I have been married for 20 years to the best man on this planet. He's sweet, caring, kind, but most of all he makes me laugh. We have Three adorable kids. A beautiful sweet pea girl, A 'superman' boy, and a love bug baby girl. We just love that we live where people vacation...where the ocean meets the sky. We live a wonderful life. I love my life and I thank Christ for giving it to me. Some random things about me are I enjoy baking, quilting, paper crafting, jewelry making, scrapbooking, and loving on my family. I am a Princess in the Kingdom of the King of Kings, diet coke drinking baby kisser. We are a homeschooling family but are part of a hybrid program where the children attend a 'classroom' 2 days a week and we do the rest at home. It's a blast. We also love to vacation and explore God's world around us. I think that's enough for now. :-)

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Free Angels tickets if you give blood

Free Angels tickets if you give blood

June 14th, 2011, 11:02 am · 1 Comment · posted by Marla Jo Fisher, Staff Writer



Would you bleed for your geographically challenged Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball team? How about for desperately ill people who need your red cells?
If you like the idea of helping people by donating blood, and you like baseball, then this is a deal for you:
If you give blood at the UCI bloodmobile set up at the Big Red Helmet at Anaheim Stadium, they’ll give you a voucher good for two tickets you can use later to selected Angels baseball games.  You will be entered into a drawing after every blood drive for four people to watch Angels batting practice from the field before a specified game. Winners – who will be notified by email within 48 hours of donating blood – will each receive an Angels goodie bag and four tickets to that game.
That sounds like a lot of fun for people who like baseball.  And you’ll be helping accident victims, sick people and babies in the summer when blood supplies traditionally run low at the UCI Medical Center.
After donating blood, participants can walk over to the ticket booth and exchange their vouchers for game tickets. The Angels have set aside certain sections from which to choose seats.
The box office is open from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday when the Angels are out of town or not playing and until the seventh inning on game days.
I do not have the dates for the games available for the free tickets, but when I get them, I’ll post them.
To make an appointment to donate, click on https://www.healthcare.uci.edu/BloodDrive/, complete the online form and submit it. Check the website for additional rules about who can donate. For more information, contact UC Irvine at donateblood@uci.edu or 714-456-LIFE (714-456-5433).
Dates on which you can give blood:
  • June 22 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • June 28 – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  • July 5, 20 and 30 – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  • July 14 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Aug. 4 and 20 – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  • Aug. 10 and 30 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Sept. 6 – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Click here to learn more about the UCI blood drive and put in a request to give blood at Angel Stadium
Click here for the Angels calendar and schedule
You have to be able to spend 45 minutes or so in Anaheim on the day you donate.
Individuals can only donate once every 56 days. You must be at least 17 years old to donate. There are other rules about who can donate, check the website for more specifics.
Please complete and submit the online form to request a date and time to donate. A representative from the blood donor center will contact you to confirm your donation appointment.

2 comments:

Angels Tickets said...

I used to get a chance to get this promo.. great! I love getting Angels tickets online in a very low price!

Angels Tickets said...

I used to get a chance to get this promo.. great! I love getting Angels tickets online in a very low price!