Followers

All About lil o' Me

My photo
Just call me your Budget Barista. I have been married for 20 years to the best man on this planet. He's sweet, caring, kind, but most of all he makes me laugh. We have Three adorable kids. A beautiful sweet pea girl, A 'superman' boy, and a love bug baby girl. We just love that we live where people vacation...where the ocean meets the sky. We live a wonderful life. I love my life and I thank Christ for giving it to me. Some random things about me are I enjoy baking, quilting, paper crafting, jewelry making, scrapbooking, and loving on my family. I am a Princess in the Kingdom of the King of Kings, diet coke drinking baby kisser. We are a homeschooling family but are part of a hybrid program where the children attend a 'classroom' 2 days a week and we do the rest at home. It's a blast. We also love to vacation and explore God's world around us. I think that's enough for now. :-)

Blog Archive

Sunday, September 4, 2011

FREE Train Rides in Southern California- 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month.

My little guy LOVES trains. I think between baseball and trains he could live (even without food) if all he had was his baseball stuff and trains.  I found this FREE event and can't wait to take him.  Hope you can join me this month.

The Riverside Live Steamers offers free train rides to the public on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. The Steamers run operate at Hunter Park in Riverside.
Hunter Park 1496 Columbia Avenue, Riverside, California (951) 683-9628


Back in the 1950's, Joe Hunter, a well known Riverside industrialist, realized that steam locomotives were disappearing from the railroads that passed through Riverside. Knowing that future generations would not know the excitement of seeing, smelling and hearing the sounds of steam locomotives, he had a vision. Why not duplicate a steam train in miniature?  Setting aside 40 acres that surrounded his industrial complex, Mr. Hunter had a 4,300 foot railroad built. While the railroad was being constructed, a locomotive and three cars were built.

During the past forty-four years, RLS has greatly expanded the original railroad to more than 10,000 feet of track, built three buildings and the station. With the cooperation of the city, six additional cars were built in 1972.

0 comments: